Group Product Manager
Budapest, Budapest, MagyarországProduct Management
This position is responsible for driving Product excellence across software development teams with a distributed group of Product Managers. Group Product Managers will partner with People Managers and Engineering Managers to form a multi-discipline Domain Leadership team that provides domain-level strategy, direction, and leadership. Group Product Managers are accountable for cohesion, unity, and execution to deliver upon the domain's shared product and engineering goals while bringing a customer-focused approach to their leadership team.
To achieve our common goals, you can contribute by the following tasks and duties:
Product Development (75% of the time):
- Cohesive Vision: Facilitate the collaboration of Product Managers within a specific domain on a shared strategic roadmap in support of company objectives, customer needs, technology trends, and market demand.
- Lead, Develop, & Mentor: Directly lead, coach and support a distributed team of Product Managers within a specific domain; Be an inspiring and empathetic leader that develops strong, inclusive relationships.
- Sound Judgement: Use excellent judgment in domain prioritization, focusing on impact over importance; Demonstrate the ability to appropriately balance feature development, architectural improvements and operational excellence within the domain.
- Build Quality: Ensure end-to-end quality of any product direction, implementation and results; Foster an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement through regular feedback and process refinement.
- Results and data-driven: Define success metrics to measure customer satisfaction and business impact within the scope of the domain.
- Communication: Own the communication funnel up and down the domain and, when applicable, with internal and external stakeholders; Identify and communicate cross-domain business impacts, dependencies and risks.
Domain Leadership (25% of the time):
- Values and Principles: Promote and uphold the values and principles that are central to our culture and core to the leadership of software development.
- Strategic Goals: Partner with Domain Leadership to develop quarterly OKRs, set and communicate domain direction, and connect with domain members to generate alignment and buy-in.
- Domain Strategy: Partner with Domain Leadership to deliver strategies, assessments, and roadmaps that anticipate challenges, address obstacles, and helps the domain achieve its goals.
- Delivery Support: Support domain execution with best practices and standards, solution architecture, quality assessments, and the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new team members.
- Cross-Domain Engagement: Engage with leadership peers across domains to ensure department-wide alignment and collaboration on best practices.
- You have at least 7 years of experience delivering enterprise-level products in a software development organization – preferably in a Product Owner position
- You have advanced English language skills (spoken & written)
- You have demonstrated experience contributing to and optimizing the effectiveness of agile teams in an iterative product development environment
- You have passion for developing, mentoring, and growing a team, with a natural ability to bring people together and spark collaboration
- You have the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and be a driving force in shaping the organization, developing processes, and making key strategic decisions
- You are an excellent time manager when it comes to projects and deadlines
- You can communicate with our customers and development teams by understanding the language of the business side as well as the developers
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience and knowledge & fringe benefits
- All You Can Move sport pass or Medicover private health insurance, monthly team building budget and quarterly company events
- Professional in-house workshops, trainings and individual English course
- Home office/remote work with flexible working hours (no core hours)
- Professional development within an international, technology and people-focused company
- Combining the advantages of a big company (stability) and a startup environment (flexibility)
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Various projects and possibility of changing projects within the company depending on your interest
- Small teams where all team members are actively involved in the decision-making process
- Low-stress environment and predictable workflows
- We trust each other and we expect independence, but we don't micromanage