Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
RemoteBudapest, Budapest, Hungary
Join our dynamic team of tech innovators and become a key player in our mission to deliver groundbreaking solutions a leading force in digital innovation, that specializes in a wide range of products, including Email Marketing, Social Community Building, International Billing, Customer Support, Streaming Media, Live Video & Chat, Conversion Rate Optimization, and Mobile Games.
- Design, develop, and maintain TypeScript automation scripts using Cypress.io and Playwright.dev.
- Create automation tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, creating initial test designs, writing scripts, installing the automation testing protocols, and reporting results.
- Leverage automation using CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions to allow better reliability and scalability.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
- Work with engineers and Project Leads to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Participate in project meetings including Agile/Scrum grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and daily stand-ups.
- Effectively manage a small test team and delegate tasks and projects to ensure that UAT for allocated projects is completed within agreed timelines and to a high level of quality.
- Define, report and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but also health of the testing suite.
- Own the process of creating metrics to measure and monitor team performance.
- Coach and mentor team members to increase their skills by using best practices, standards & procedures, and goal setting.
What we offer:
- Professional development within an international, technology- and people-focused company
- Cutting-edge technologies
- Various projects and the possibility of switching between ongoing projects within the company depending on your interests
- Low-stress environment and predictable workflows
- A combination of a big company and a startup environment, offering the advantages of both: stability and flexibility
- Home office/remote work with flexible working hours (no core hours)
- Small teams where all team members are actively involved in the decision-making process
- Professional in-house workshops, trainings and individual English course
- All You Can Move sport pass or Medicover private health insurance, eyewear allowance, monthly team building budget and quarterly company events
- Free choice of hardware (Mac, Dell, office equipment)
- We trust each other and expect independence, but don’t micromanage
- Proficient in modern end-to-end testing frameworks, such as Cypress and Playwright.
- Extensive experience with typed programming languages, notably TypeScript.
- Deeply technical, and extremely well-versed in quality engineering and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Containerization and orchestration knowledge (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while understanding that business needs change and projects sometimes get reprioritized.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Deep care of team members, and and ability to provide coaching, feedback, and mentorship, to enable their skill development and career growth.
- Ability to understand skills of team members and delegate tasks and projects accordingly.
- Strong multinational, Cross-functional team collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for self-development, actively seeking feedback and responding accordingly.
- Strong self-driving force and quick learning ability; excels at being pro-active and taking initiative.
- Prior experience building out automation frameworks
- Previous extensive use of automation tools, specifically Cypress or Playwright
- Prior people management experience
- Successful in data driven continuous improvement
- Fluent, confident written and spoken English knowledge